Mastodon is the new social network hotness, but it can be a lonely place until you find your people. Don’t worry: We run down all the ways to rebuild your online circle when you join this excellent Twitter alternative.
Here’s how you can find your friends on Mastodon:
- Sign in to your Mastodon account.
- Go to the “Discover” section of the website and click on the “Find people” button
- In the search bar, type in the username or email address of the person you want to find.
- Once you find the account, click on the “Follow” button to follow them.
- You can also invite your friends to join Mastodon by sharing a link to the website and encouraging them to create an account.
- If your friends are already on Mastodon, you can ask them for their username, or you can search for them by their email address or phone number if they have set their account to be discoverable
- If you are having trouble finding your friends on Mastodon, you can also try searching for them on other social media platforms and asking if they have an account on the platform.
- Once you follow someone, their posts will appear in your home timeline, and you will be able to see their posts and interact with them.
By following your friends on Mastodon, you can discover new content and interact with a community of like-minded individuals. Keep in mind that Mastodon is a decentralized platform, so the way to find someone can slightly vary from one instance to another.