Mastodon is a decentralized, open-source social media platform. Here’s how you can follow people on Mastodon:
- Sign in to your Mastodon account.
- Search for the person you want to follow by using the search bar located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Once you find the account, click on the “Follow” button.
- You can also find people to follow by browsing the “Local” or “Federated” timelines on your Mastodon home page. These timelines show posts from accounts on the same server as you or from other Mastodon servers.
- You can also find interesting accounts by looking at the profiles of the people you already follow, as they may have interesting people they follow too.
- Once you follow someone, their posts will appear in your home timeline, and you will be able to see their posts and interact with them.
- To unfollow someone, go to the profile of the person you want to unfollow and click on the “Following” button.
By following people on Mastodon, you can discover new content and interact with a community of like-minded individuals. Keep in mind that Mastodon is a decentralized platform, so the way to follow someone can slightly vary from one instance to another.