This Accounting Manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Accounting Manager that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Accounting Manager job description example
In general, accounting managers are responsible for tracking, monitoring and evaluating day-to-day accounting tasks and activities. These task are essential t ensure company’s performance and success. For that reason, Accounting Mangers are on of the most demanded labor force.
Accounting Manager job description
We are looking for a reliable accounting manager to join our team! As an Accounting Manager, you will supervise, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day accounting activities. In addition, you will be establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information.
Accounting Manager duties and responsibilities
- Plan, implement and oversee overall accounting strategy
- Oversee accounting daily opperations
- Take responsibility for accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc
- Monitor and analyse accounting data
- Set up and monitor accounting KPIs
- Regularly produce financial reports or statements
- Adhere to proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Encourage other employees to adhere to standartds
- Recruit and hire new employees
- Train new employees
- Perform and oversee annual audits
- Provide recommendations
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Prepare and present KPIs to stakeholders
Accounting Manager requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as an Accounting Manager
- Excellent computer skills on MS Office
- Excellent knowledge and experience with accounting software and databases
- Ability to multi task
- Understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance