This Event Coordinator job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Event Coordinator that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Event Coordinator job description example
Event Coordinators’ roles can vary depending on the company and industry they work in. In general, they are responsible for planning, organizing, managing and coordinating various types of events. Usually, they coordinate meetings with clients determine details about events.
Event Coordinator job description
Are you a hard-working Event Coordinator looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skill and career?
We are looking for an ambitious and creative Event Coordinator to join our team. As an Event Coordinator at our company, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, managing and coordinating various types of events.
Event Coordinator duties and responsibilities
- Perform research in order to gain deep understanding of different requirements and details of each event
- Plan and organize events in accordance with financial and time restraints
- Research and book appropriate venues
- Plan, schedule and organize time slots and speakers at event
- Meet with clients and coordinate with them regularly
- Look for and compare different vendors (catering, decorators, musicians etc.)
- Negotiate with vendors
- Hire, train and oversee staff
- Evaluate personnel
- Handle, coordinate and oversee all event operations
- Track the overall even expenses regularly
- Carefully supervise event preparation activities
- Offer solutions to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Analyze and evaluate event’s results
- create and present reports
Event Coordinator requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as event coordinator or similar role
- Portfolio of successful events
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management and organizational skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in hospitality management, public relations or similar relevant field