This Receptionist job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Receptionist that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Receptionist job description example
This Receptionist job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire the best employees for your open Receptionist job positions.
Receptionist job profile
To write a great Receptionist job description, you need to understand what a Receptionist does.Receptionists are one of the most important roles in improving customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. Often times they are the first contact with the customers and are responsible for making a good impression and improving reputation.
Some of Recepcionist duties include answering customer questions, offering customer support, guiding and advising customers, keeping the front office clean and representative, following the agendas and scripts.
Receptionist job description: Intro
Every Receptionist job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction to Receptionist job description may look like:
We are looking for a pleasant and friendly Receptionist to join our team! As a Receptionist, you will be responsible for all receptionist and clerical duties at the front desk of our office.
As the front-line-employee, your role will be extremely important for improving customer experience and satisfaction. Your goal should always be to make guests and visitors feel comfortable and satisfied while in our office.
Receptionist job description: Job duties and responsibilities
Receptionist job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Keep front desk clean, tidy and supplied with all the necessary supplies
- Greet, communicate with and welcome guests
- Answer all the customers’ questions and address their complaints
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages
- Receive letters, packages and send them to appropriate destination
- Prepare and manage outgoing mail
- Check, sort and forward emails
- Monitor office supplies
- Place supply orders when necessary
- Monitor and update records and files
- Monitor and log office expenses and costs
Receptionist job description: Job requirements and qualifications
Receptionist job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- X years of experience as Front Desk Representative or similar role
- Knowledge of office machines (e.g. fax, printer etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- High School diploma
- Additional qualifications will be a plus