This File Clerk job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract File Clerk that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Staff Accountant job description.
File Clerk job description example
This File Clerk job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
We are looking for a well organized and neat File Clerk to join our team! As a File Clerk you will take care of file management and maintenance. You will be responsible for organizing all the paperwork according to an efficient filing system.
File Clerk duties and responsibilities
- Track and manage all the incoming paperwork and make copies before filing and distributing
- Sort all papers alphabetically
- Sort according to content type, dates, significance etc.
- Create and update records
- Store all paperwork in designated places
- Enter paperwork into an electronic system
- Manage file access requests and keep logs
- Develop an efficient filing system
- Always strive to make retrieving easier and more efficient
- Follow policies and procedures for personal data protection
- Monitor and manage inventory of files, paper clips etc. and report shortages
File Clerk requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as file clerk or similar role
- Good knowledge of filing systems
- Good knowledge of MS Office and office equipment
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- High school degree or equivalent