This Retail Sales Associate job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Retail Sales Associate that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Retail Sales Associate job description example
Retail Sales Associate is someone who is responsible for selling merchandise and assisting customers with their shopping needs.
We are looking for a motivated Retail Sales Associate to join our team! As a Retail Sales Associate, you will be responsible for welcoming customers and offering them assistance. Your duties as a Retail Sales Associate will also include operating cash registers, stocking shelves and preparing merchandise for display.
Retail Sales Associate duties and responsibilities
- Greeting customers
- Responding to questions and giving information to the customers
- Sharing product knowledge with customers
- Providing recommendations to customers
- Managing financial transactions and processing payments
- Preparing merchandise and designing displays
- Maintaining a clean and tidy space
- Assisting with inventory
- Handling refunds and returns
- Handling customer complaints
- Processing newly received shipments
- Alerting management of potential security issues
- Creating a positive customer experience and work environment
Retail Sales Associate requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Minimum of X years of experience in retail sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in using computer software and POS systems
- General math skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time