This Bookkeeper job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Bookkeeper that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Bookkeeper job description example
We are looking for a skilled bookkeeper to join our team! As a Bookkeeper, you will be responsible for recording all financial transactions, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments.
Your job will include regular posting of information to accounting journals/software and reconciling accounts to ensure their accuracy.
Bookkeeper duties and responsibilities
- Record day to day financial transactions
- Complete the posting process
- Enter data, maintain records and lunch reports and financial statements
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct daybook, suppliers ledger, customer ledger, general ledger and other ledgers
- Complete all the tax forms
- Bring all the books to the trial balance stage
- Process accounts receivable/payable and accurately handle payroll in a timely manner
Bookkeeper requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Bookkeeper
- Good understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting and finance records
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills