This Front Desk Representative job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Front Desk Representative that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Front Desk Representative job description example
Front Desk Representatives are one of the most important roles in improving customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. Often times they are the first contact with the customers, and are responsible for making a good impression and improving reputation.
Some of their duties include answering customer questions, offering customer support, guiding and advising customers, keeping the front office clean and representative, following the agendas and scripts.
Front Desk Representative job description
We are looking for a pleasant and friendly Front Desk Representative to join our team! As a Front Desk Representative, you will be responsible for different receptionist and clerical duties at our office.
As the front-line-employee, your role will be extremely important for improving customer experience and satisfaction. Your goal should always be to make our guests feel comfortable and satisfied while in our office.
Front Desk Representative duties and responsibilities
- Keep front desk clean, tidy and supplied with all the necessary supplies
- Greet, communicate with and welcome guests
- Answer all the customers’ questions and address their complaints
- Answer all incoming calls, redirect them when needed
- Receive letters, packages and send them to appropriate destination
- Prepare and manage outgoing mail
- Check, sort and forward emails
- Monitor office supplies
- Make supply orders when needed
- Monitor and update records and files
- Monitor and log office expenses and costs
Front Desk Representative requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as Front Desk Representative or similar role
- Hands on experience with office machines (for example fax, printer etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of office management and bookkeeping
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer-oriented mindest
- High School diploma; any additional diploma will be considered as advantage