This Database Developer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Database Developer that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Database Developer job description example
The Database Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining relational databases for software applications. The Database Developer will work with a team of developers, stakeholders, and customers to ensure that databases are efficient, scalable, and meet customer requirements.
- Design, develop, and maintain relational databases for software applications
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented SQL code
- Collaborate with other developers, stakeholders, and customers to ensure that databases meet their needs
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback to other developers
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in database development and emerging technologies
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they arise
- Ensure that databases are efficient, scalable, and meet customer requirements
- Participate in the development and maintenance of project documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in database development
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational database management systems (RDBMS)
- Experience with database development tools such as SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This job description is not exhaustive and the role may require the performance of other duties as assigned.