This Retail Manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Retail Manager that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Staff Accountant job description.
Retail Manager job description example
This Retail Manager job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Retail Managers are responsible for a variety of duties including managing overall store operations, recruiting and scheduling employees, training and evaluating employees, following up on work results and other.
We are looking for an experienced and self-driven Retail Manager to join our team! As a Retail Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day store operations and managing store’s staff.
Retail Manager duties and responsibilities
- Plan and implement the overall store strategy
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop a marketing store strategy
- Work with store security guard to investigate any suspicious activity
- Recruit and hire new store employees
- Train and evaluate store employees
- Create a healthy and enjoyable store work environment
- Determine and set basic store KPIs
- Track and report on store KPIs
- Train store employees on corporate policies and procedures
- Develop relationships with key suppliers and vendors
- Use the appropriate software to keep track of inventory losses and/or shrinkage
- Suggest new operational strategies to improve store’s performance and productivity
- Work with analyst to review profit and loss figures (P&L)
Retail Manager requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Retail Manager
- Reliability and dependability are key traits
- Strong work ethic and a desire to improve and succeed
- X years experience in retail and management
- Good knowledge of sales and marketing
- Excellent leadership skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in Business Administration or relevant fields.