This Accounting Assistant job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Accounting Assistant that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Staff Accountant job description.
Accounting Assistant job description example
This Accounting Assistant job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
We are looking for a motivated Accounting Assistant to join our team! As an Accounting Assistant, you will be responsible for performing everyday administrative tasks, including data entry, processing transactions and preparing reports.
Accounting Assistant duties and responsibilities
- Providing support to the Accounting department
- Assisting with data organization and data entry
- Identifying discrepancies
- Handling communication with clients
- Preparing financial statements and reports
- Processing and tracking payments
- Tracking expenses
- Checking documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Assisting in audits
- Maintaining confidentiality of all financial data
Accounting Assistant requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field
- Minimum of X years of experience as Accounting Assistant
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Familiarity with finance regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office and bookkeeping software
- Strong math skills
- Ability to detect inconsistencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information