This Interior Designer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Interior Designer that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Interior Designer job description example
Interior Designers make interior spaces functional, safe, and beautiful by determining space requirements and selecting decorative items, such as colors, lighting, and materials.
Interior Designer job description
Are you a driven, dedicated Interior Designer passionate about interior design who enjoys putting their creativity to work for the customers and exceed customer’s expectations?
We are looking for a creative and imaginative Interior designer to undertake a variety of space designing projects from concept to completion.
An interest inchanging trends in design is a must!
Interior Designer responsibilities
- Undertake design project from concept to completion
- Determine the client’s goals and requirements of the project
- Interpret and translate customer needs into rough plans
- Negotiate fees and set schedules for the project
- Research and decide on materials and products sourcing
- Place orders for materials and oversee installing the design elements
- Work closely with designers, decorators, architects and constructors
- Research and follow industry changes, evolutions and best practises
Interior Designer requirements
- Proven working experience in decorating interior spaces
- Expertise in layout, colour, lighting, materials selection, custom furniture and all installations
- Hands on experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp, 3D Max, Illustrator or other design programs
- Excellent portfolio of previous works
- Attention to detail,
- Artistic ability, vision and creativity
- Communication and presentation skills
- Project ant time management skills
- BS degree in Interior Design or similar relevant field