This Payroll Specialist job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Payroll Specialist that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Staff Accountant job description.
Payroll Specialist job description example
This Payroll Specialist job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Payroll Specialist is a human resources professional responsible for managing the payroll process. Every Payroll Specialist job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction to Payroll Specialist job description may look like:
Are you an aspiring, hard-working Payroll Specialist looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
If you are intelligent, talented, and the forward-thinking person looking for a job that combines competitive pay with good culture, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a qualified Payroll Specialist to join our Human resources dream team and help us upgrade our payroll process.
Payroll Specialist job description: Job duties and responsibilities
Payroll Specialist job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Collect information on working hours of each employee
- Determine the right payroll amount by calculating overtime, bonuses, etc.
- Prepare payroll payments and ensure payroll funding is in place
- Ask for confirmation of suggested payments from senior management
- Handle and process and execute payments and paychecks
- Prepare and process statements of payment
- Prepare and execute taxes and payment of employee benefits
- Answer employees’ questions about payroll
- Compile key operational payroll metrics & dashboards
- Prepare periodic payroll reconciliation and submit reports to the payroll manager for review
Payroll Specialist: Job requirements and qualifications
Payroll Specialist job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- Previous working experience as a Payroll Specialist for (x) year(s)
- BSc/BA in accounting/business or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of general accounting principles and payroll best practices
- Hands-on experience with relevant software (e.g. Kronos, Payforce) and databases
- Great attention to detail and confidentiality
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Payforce)
- Exquisite math and numerical skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication abilities
- Aptitude in problem-solving