This Volunteer Coordinator job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Volunteer Coordinator that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Volunteer Coordinator job description example
Volunteer coordinators are generally responsible for managing all elements of volunteering at a company or organization. They can work either within an organization or on behalf an organization they are recruiting volunteers for.
We are looking for a competent Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. As a Volunteer Coordinator, you will mainly be responsible for recruiting and managing volunteers for our company. In addition, you will be delegating responsibilities to volunteers and training selected people for their future position.
Volunteer Coordinator duties and responsibilities
- Source and recruit volunteers using different recruiting various techniques
- Collect information on qualifications and skills
- Arrange for training when needed
- Manage schedules for everyday activities
- Assign responsibilities as appropriate
- Communicate frequently with volunteers
- Ensure volunteers are satisfied by creating a health working environment
- Keep and manage records of volunteers’ information and work
- Track volunteers work
- Evaluate volunteers work
- Give constructive feedback
Volunteer Coordinator requirements and qualifications
- Proven experience as Volunteer Coordinator or similar role
- X years of experience in volunteering
- X years of experience in sourcing and recruiting
- Good knowledge in different recruiting methods
- Some knowledge in Employer Branding and Recruitment Marketing
- Working knowledge of databases and MS Office (especially Excel)
- Experience using HR and recruiting tools
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, human resources or relevant field