This Technical Support Engineer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Technical Support Engineer that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Staff Accountant job description.
Technical Support Engineer job description example
This Technical Support Engineer job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Technical Support Engineers can be responsible fo installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems. They can work either on phone or on-site.
Technical Support Engineer job description: Intro
Technical Support Engineer job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction may look like:
We are looking for an experienced and self-driven Technical Support Engineer to join our team! If you are passionate about learning and gaining new skills in this field, don’t miss this opportunity!
Technical Support Engineer job description: Job responsibilities and duties
Technical Support Engineer job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluate and prioritize customer support cases
- Act as the primary liaison between company and your customers
- Communicate and solve customers’ problems via phone, email, live chat and face-to-face meetings
- Act as a consultant and offers solutions for customers’ problems
- Provide bills for your services
- Track and manage your work record
- Work with all internal groups, including support, sales, engineering, product management, and consulting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
Technical Support Engineer job description: Job requirements and qualifications
Technical Support Engineer job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- X years of experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Technical Support Engineer in technical support
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance
- Motivation to learn new skills and technologies
- Good understanding of web Services, API and IP based protocols
- Understanding Unix/Linux environment
- Understanding of PostgreSQL/MySQL or other database systems
- Understanding/Experiences in scripting languages (Perl, Shell)
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.