This Senior Accountant job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Senior Accountant that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Senior Accountant job description example
Senior Accountants are responsible for analyzing past transactions and present valuable information about the company’s performance. They can also give advice, audit accounts and provide trustworthy information about financial records.
This might involve financial reporting, taxation, auditing, forensic accounting, corporate finance, business recovery and insolvency, or accounting systems and processes.
Senior Accountant job description: Intro
Senior Accountant job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction may look like:
We are looking for an ambitious Accountant to join our team. As an Accountant who will be responsible for analyzing our past transactions and present valuable information about our company’s performance. In this position, you will also be expected give advice, audit accounts and provide trustworthy information about financial records.
Senior Accountant duties and responsibilities
Senior Accountant job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage accounting tasks
- Manage and analyze budget and create financial forecasts
- Publicize financial statements in accordance with the planned time schedule
- Gather, track, analyze and present summarized accounting information
- Calculate taxes and tax returns
- Prepare balance sheets and write profit and loss statements
- Create and present detailed reports for upper management
- Audit financial transactions
- Make sure that confidential information is secure
- Keep abreast with financial laws, rules and regulations and internal policies
Senior Accountant requirements and qualifications
Senior Accountant job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- X years of experience as an Accountant or similar role
- BA in Accounting or similar relevant field
- Hands on experience with accounting software
- Strong attention to detail
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills