This Area Manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Area Manager that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Area Manager job description example
Area Managers are usually responsible for operations of stores in an allocated area. They are also responsible for staff, and they work closely with other senior and department managers.
We are looking for an ambitious Area Manager to join our team! As an Area Manager, you will take on full responsibility for operations of our stores in an allocated area.
You will also be responsible for our staff, so we expect you to be a hard worker who will lead by example.
Area Manager duties and responsibilities
- Plan, implement and monitor the regional operational strategy
- Set goals and objectives for stores in your area
- Oversee operations to ensure efficiency
- Recruit and hire new store employee
- Train and onboard new employees
- Set up and monitor store KPIs
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies and operational guidelines
- Deal with customers’ complains
- Identify operational bottlenecks and suggest solutions for improvement
- Create reports for upper management
Area Manager requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as an Area Manager or similar role
- X years of experience as a leader or supervisor
- Good understanding of performance evaluation metrics
- X years of experience with store operations management
- Hands-on experience with ERP software
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in business administration, retail management or similar relevant field