This IT Help Desk Technician job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract IT Help Desk Technician that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
IT Help Desk Technician job description example
IT Help Desk Technician is an IT professional who provides technical assistance on computer systems and serves as the first contact for customers who need technical assistance over the phone or email.
IT Help Desk Technician job description
Are you an experienced IT Help Desk Technician able to take the hassle out of any technical problem?
Patient and friendly even with difficult customers? Able to share your advanced technical knowledge in the simple and understandable way?
Then you are the perfect team member we are looking for!
IT Help Desk Technician responsibilities
- Serve as the first contact with customers who need technical assistance via the phone or email
- Perform troubleshooting using different diagnostic techniques
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical hardware and/or software issues
- Provide quick resolution and excellent customer service
- Redirect unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide needed information on IT products or services
- Keep record of problems and their resolution
- Follow-up with customers
- Provide feedback on processes and make recommendations on areas to improve
- Maintain technical documentation and service catalog on installation of software, configuration of hardware and problem troubleshooting
- Suggest improvements on procedures
IT Help Desk Technician requirements
- Previous working experience as an IT Help Desk Technician for (x) year(s)
- BA in IT, Computer Science or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems and mobile devices
- Hands on experience with diagnosing and resolving basic technical issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer-oriented and patient