This Accounts Receivable Clerk job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Accounts Receivable Clerk that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Staff Accountant job description.
Accounts Receivable Clerk job description example
This Accounts Receivable Clerk job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our team! As a Accounts Receivable Clerk you will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services and to ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations. You will process and monitor incoming payments and secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
Accounts Receivable Clerk duties and responsibilities
- Monitor accounts and incoming payments
- Perform verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data
- Verify discrepancies
- Respond to and resolve clients’ billing issues ad questions
- Prepare and manage bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger
- Make sure that all payments are properly posted
- Assist in preparing financial statements
- Assist in preparing detailing accounts receivable status
Accounts Receivable Clerk requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as an Accounts Receivable Clerk or similar role
- Very good understanding of of basic accounting principles
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures in a timely manner
- Proficient data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- X years of experience with operating spreadsheets
- X years of experience with accounting software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration