This Instructional Designer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Instructional Designer that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Instructional Designer job description example
Instructional Designer is an education professional whose job is to identify the performance, skills, knowledge, information and attitude gaps of a targeted audience and create, select and/or suggest learning experiences to fill this gap.
Instructional Designer job description
Every Instructional Designer job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction to Instructional Designer job description may look like:
Are you a tech-savvy educational enthusiast ready to take on the challenge and wear multiple hats, playing the role of facilitator, innovator, researcher, and developer?
We are looking for a professional Instructional Designer to design and develop our learning and practicing programms.
If you are a a motivated and energetic person passionate about advancing of learning experiences that facilitate acquisition of knowledge, then we’ll be happy to hear from you!
Instructional Designer job description: Job duties and responsibilities
Instructional Designer job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Work with subject matter experts to identify the target audience’s training needs
- Set instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games, etc)
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
Instructional Designer job description: Job requirements and qualifications
Instructional Designer job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- Previous working experience in instructional design for (x) years
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar relevant field