This Underwriter job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Underwriter that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Underwriter job description example
[Company Name] is a leading [industry] company, committed to providing comprehensive and innovative solutions for our clients. We are currently seeking a detail-oriented and experienced Underwriter to join our team.
The Underwriter will be responsible for evaluating risk, determining policy terms, and setting premium amounts for insurance policies. This role requires a keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and a deep understanding of risk assessment.
- Evaluate insurance applications to determine coverage amounts and premiums.
- Analyze information in insurance applications and determine the risk of insuring a client.
- Use underwriting software to determine whether to approve or reject an application.
- Determine premiums and amounts of coverage.
- Review and update the rules and guidelines of underwriting.
- Work with agents and brokers to gather more information about an applicant if necessary.
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are not fraudulent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or a related field.
- Minimum of [number] years of experience in underwriting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in underwriting software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and its legal and regulatory guidelines.
[Company Name] offers a competitive salary and benefits package including [mention specific benefits like health insurance, retirement plans, vacation policy, etc.]
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter detailing their qualifications and interest in this position. Please send your application to [email address] by [closing date].
[Company Name] is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Note: This job description is intended as a guide and should be adjusted to suit the specific needs of your company. It is important to provide as much detail as possible to give potential applicants a clear understanding of the role and expectations.