This Data Entry Operator job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Data Entry Operator that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Data Entry Operator job description example
Data Entry Operator job profile
Data Entry Operators are usually responsible for entering data into different computer databases, manage and maintain effective record keeping. In addition, they may be responsible for organizing files, collecting and managing data to be entered into the computer.
Data Entry Operator job description: Intro
Data Entry Operator job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction may look like:
We are looking for a Data Entry Operator to join our team!
As a Data Entry Operator, you will be responsible for entering specific data into our databases. You will be responsible for managing data and keeping it organized.
Your main goal will be to keep data in order so that it is easily accessible at any time.
Data Entry Operator job descriptions: Job duties and responsibilities
Data Entry Operator job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Transfer data from paper formats into database systems
- Type in data provided directly from customers or other parties
- Create and manage spreadsheets with large numbers of figures
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Produce reports
- Retrieve data as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort, organize and store paperwork after entering data
Data Entry Clerk job description: Job requirements and qualifications
Data Entry Operator job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- Proven experience as a data entry clerk
- Fast typing skills
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools
- X years of experience with spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, etc.)
- Basic understanding of databases
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills
- Great attention to detail
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- High school degree or equivalent.