This Loan Officer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Loan Officer that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Staff Accountant job description.
Loan Officer job description example
This Loan Officer job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Are you a passionate top producing Loan Officer interested in advancing your career?
If you are people oriented person with strong analytical and project management skills, we have a perfect job for you!
We are looking for a Loan Officer who is prepared to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
Loan Officer duties and responsibilities
- Evaluate credit worthiness of customers
- Process loan applications and documentation
- Interview applicants to determine their financial eligibility and feasibility
- Determine all applicable rations and metrics and set up debt payment plans
- Answer clients’ questions and provide information
- Justify decisions (approvals/rejections) and report on them
- Complete loan contracts and counsel clients on policies and restrictions
- Maintain an active knowledge base of all of the organization’s loan products and an understanding of the qualifications required of each applicant
- Documents all customer conversations in loan origination software and timely follow up in CRM
- Assess customer needs, explore all options and introduce different types of loans
- Develop referral networks, suggest alternate channels and cross-sell products and services to accomplish quotas
- Build long term, trusting relationships with customers
- Ensure customer satisfaction at highest possible level
- Οperate in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines
- Maintain a positive working relationship with internal departments and external contacts
Loan Officer qualifications and requirements
- Previous working experience as a Loan Officer for (x) year(s)
- BS degree in finance, economics or a similar relevant field
- Hands on experience with computers and banking software
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer orientation and sales competencies