This Management Accountant job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Management Accountant that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Management Accountant job description example
Are you an experienced Management Accountant looking for an opportunity to advance your career and make a positive difference in people’s lives?
If you are a very diligent, dedicated worker and excellent communicator passionate about improving lives, we have the right job for you!
We are looking for a skilled and ambitious Management Accountant to provide reporting of financial performance, drive the business and provide financial and management information to senior management.
Management Accountant duties and responsibilities
- Gather and analyze financial information
- Support budgeting and funding
- Assist the company in managing its investment portfolio
- Assume responsibility of accounting procedures
- Evaluate the company’s performance using key data
- Make forecasts to assist business planning and decision-making
- Conduct risk assessment and advise on ways to minimize risk
- Generate weekly, periodic and monthly reports
- Advise on problems and suggest improvements
- Supervise lower-level personnel
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure all deadlines/requirements are achieved
Management Accountant qualifications and requirements
- Previous working experience as Management Accountant for (x) year(s)
- MA in accounting, finance or similar relevant field
- Any additional certificate (e.g. CMA or CGMA) will be considered an advantage
- In depth knowledge of accounting and financial principles and practices
- Applicable knowledge of risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Hands on experience with financial software
- Analytical problem solver
- Excellent communication, presentation and leaderships skills
- Outstanding time and organizational management skills