This School Counselor job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract School Counselor that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Staff Accountant job description.
School Counselor job description example
This School Counselor job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
School Counselors are responsible for overseeing and managing a strategy for helping students prepare for their careers, develop highly-competent personal and career skills and achieve better academic results.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate School Counselor to join our team! As a School Counselor at our school, your main duty will be to plan and implement strategy for helping students achieve better academic results through developing both personal and career competencies.
School Counselor duties and responsibilities
- Plan,develop and manage the overall school counseling strategy
- Develop a competent counseling program
- Track and monitor program’s success
- Determine key programs’ KPIs
- Ensure equal opportunities among students
- Prioritiyze based on set strategies and principles
- Serve as an advisor to student, answer their questions and concerns
- Collaborate and consult with parents, teachers, community organisations and other stakeholders
School Counselor requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a School Counselor or similar role
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to focus on the needs of students
- Knowledge of various counseling models, practices and resources
- Engaging interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Sound judgement and emotional intelligence
- MA degree in School Counseling