This Application Security Engineer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Application Security Engineer that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Application Security Engineer job description example
The Application Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of the organization’s applications. The Application Security Engineer will work closely with the development team to design, develop, and implement secure coding practices, and will be responsible for identifying and mitigating potential security risks. The Application Security Engineer will also play a critical role in incident response and recovery efforts in the event of a security breach.
- Design, develop, and implement secure coding practices to ensure the security and integrity of the organization’s applications
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback to the development team to ensure that security best practices are being followed
- Identify and mitigate potential security risks through regular security assessments and penetration testing
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security threats and technologies, and provide recommendations on ways to enhance the organization’s security posture
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure that security is integrated into the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Participate in incident response and recovery efforts in the event of a security breach
- Ensure that security policies, procedures, and standards are being followed
- Provide training and guidance to the development team on secure coding practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in application security
- Strong knowledge of web application security, security protocols, and encryption
- Experience with security assessment tools such as OWASP ZAP, Nessus, and Burp Suite
- Familiarity with software development languages and methodologies such as Java, .NET, and Agile
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This job description is not exhaustive and the role may require the performance of other duties as assigned.