This Product Manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Product Manager that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Product Manager job description example
This Product Manager job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire the best employees for your open Product Manager role.
Product Manager job profile
Product Manager job description: Intro
Every Product Manager job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction to a Product Manager job description may look like:
Product Manager job description: Job duties and responsibilities
The product Manager job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage agile product development process from product management point of view
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the product, market, and competition
- Develop product positioning and go to market strategy
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and products
- Identify areas for growth and create strategic product line roadmaps to help drive adoption of the product and differentiating features
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product and lead the effort to integrate our applications with other leading industry systems
- Work with QA engineers to create test plans
- Serve as an in-house expert for our products and become the go-to person for all functional issues
- Keep abreast of the goings-on in the industry
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Manage all lifecycle stages for a product from ideation through sunset, with responsibility for ensuring that deliverables are understood and releases are delivered on time.
Product Manager job description: Job requirements and qualifications
The Product Manager job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- Previous working experience as a Product Manager for [X] year(s)
- MA in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodology for product development
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to details