This Art Director job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Art Director that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Art Director job description example
Art Director is responsible for the definition and development of creative programs and in-house creative teams that are integrated across a wide range of planning, execution and project management disciplines, involving creative and production resources.
Art Director job description
We are looking for an experienced Art Director to join our team! As an Art Director, you will be responsible for creating an overall design and directing others who develop some kind of artwork. An Art Director should possess an understanding of design concepts and software and also have excellent interpersonal skills.
Art Director duties and responsibilities
- Managing the team’s supply chain and workflow, overseeing all art development and production for clients
- Providing project management support to the production team
- Providing mentoring and career development opportunities for design staff
- Directing and supervising the creative team
- Managing project budget by monitoring expenses
- Providing directions to other designers
- Looking for ways to improve design department processes
Art Director requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in art direction and/or design
- Minimum of X years of experience in art direction and/or design
- Experience in developing visual design
- Experience in a production environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well with a team and across multiple disciplines
- Highly developed attention to detail and quality control