This Security Officer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Security Officer that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Staff Accountant job description.
Security Officer job description example
This Security Officer job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Security Officer to join our team. As a Security Officer, you will undertake the surveillance of our premises and the protection of our staff and visitors. In addition, you will be responsible for detecting any suspicious happenings and preventing vandalism, thefts or any other criminal behavior.
Security Officer duties and responsibilities
- Inspect and patrol premises regularly
- Monitor property entrance
- Authorize entrance of people and vehicles
- Report any suspicious behaviors and happenings
- Secure all exits, doors and windows
- Monitor surveillance cameras
- Respond to alarms and react in a timely manner
- Provide assistance to people in need
- Submit reports of daily surveillance activity
- Submit reports of every suspicious action
Security Officer requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Security Officer or similar role
- Good understanding of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
- Some experience with report writing
- Outstanding surveillance and observation skills
- X years of experience in surveillance systems
- Trained in First Aid/BLS and self-defense
- Registered as a security officer
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- A High School diploma is required