This Field Service Technician job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Field Service Technician that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Field Service Technician job description example
Field Service Technician can have different roles depending on the industry and company they work for. In general, they are responsible for taking care of all customer support tickets in various facilities. On-site installation, repair, maintenance, system improvement and testing are some of the most common Field Service Technician’s duties.
Field Service Technician job description
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and motivated Field Service Technician to join our team. As a Field Service Technician at our company, you will be responsible for ensuring proper task management in order to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction.
Field Service Technician duties and responsibilities
- Perform customer support tasks
- Perform all on-site activities related to installation, repair, management and maintenance
- Track and document the progression of the work
- Perform troubleshooting
- Identify all issues
- Suggest and implement solution
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner
- Check and update field automation systems and databases
- Adhere to company’s given rules and regulations
- Team up with colleagues and other team members
- Build relationships and trust with customers and clients
Field Service Technician requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience Field Service Technician or similar role
- Experience with managing and preserving technical equipment
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Accustomed to using mobile tools and applications