This Compensation and Benefits Specialist job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Compensation and Benefits Specialist that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Compensation and Benefits Specialist job description example
Compensation and Benefits are also known as Remuneration Specialists. They are generally responsible for overseeing employee compensation and benefits, compensation databases, job descriptions, benchmark compensation as well as annual performance reviews.
We are looking for an ambitious Compensation and Benefits Specialist to join our team. As a Compensation and Benefits specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing, managing and administering our employees’ rewards, perks and benefits.
Your role will be extremely important as you will be developing programs that to improve performance, engagement and satisfaction of our employees.
Compensation and Benefits Specialist duties and responsibilities
- Design a compensation package based on business goals and strategy
- Create a consistent compensation guideline that matches our work and organizational culture
- Create and analyze job descriptions evaluations and classifications
- Conduct salary and labor market research to define benchmarks
- Apply effective communication strategies
- Assess employees needs by conducting organizational surveys
- Keep abreast with new trend and best practice in the filed
- Ensure that compensation practices are in compliance with current laws and regulations
- Conduct periodic audits, prepare and present reports
Compensation and Benefits Specialist requirements
- Previous working experience as a compensation and benefits specialist for (x) years
- Prior experience in HR operations and knowledge of best practices
- Good understanding of full cycle hiring process
- Familiarity with current employment rules and regulations
- Hands on experience with HR software (HRIS)
- Hands on experience with quantitative and qualitative research
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in human resources, business administration or similar relevant field