This Medical Secretary job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
In order to attract Medical Secretary that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise job description.
Medical Secretary job description example
Medical Secretary is someone who handles administrative tasks at a hospital or clinic.
Medical Secretary job description
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Medical Secretary to join our team! As a Medical Secretary, you will be responsible for assisting our medical staff with administrative duties and also helping our patients in order they get the best care possible.
Medical Secretary duties and responsibilities
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Welcoming and assisting patients
- Keeping track of staff schedules
- Scheduling medical appointments
- Maintaining patient database
- Processing payments
- Processing insurance claims
- Preparing medical reports
- Maintaining medical records
- Maintaining a tidy office space
Medical Secretary requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Minimum of X years of experience as a Medical Secretary
- Knowledge of medical procedures and regulations
- Basic bookkeeping skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly developed work and confidentiality ethic
- Ability to work independently